Thursday, October 27, 2011

Motivation

I was thinking a bit today about motivation.  I always liked one of the original demotivation pictures that was out there on the internet.  It was a simple message.  It said "Motivation: If a silly picture and inspiring phrase is all it takes to motivate you, your job will one day be done by robots."

Why did that one stick with me so much?  Simple, because it underlays the fact that everyone has their own reason for motivation.  For some it is because they want to get money, or simply not fail.  Some do it out of love for their fellow man.

Personally, I do it because I want to be able to run a household someday.  Does that mean children?  Maybe, but a house is more than just a family.  The fact is, though, I want to be able to support myself and my significant other without her having to work.  If she chooses to do so that would be great, because that money would just mean that we have extra money for vacations, or fun stuff around the house.  The point is, though, I want to make enough so that she does not have to.

So what does that mean?  That means I need to be in a position where the growth of my job is sufficient that I will be able to do so without issues.

Luckily, I think I am in that position right now, even if it will take a few years to build up the position.  So my motivation involves making sure that I can do everything to make the company that I work for grow, so that my position continues to grow, so that I can be in that situation.

Right now, though, I have a different motivation, which is why this one is going to be short.

That motivation?

I am tired.

And bed looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment